Shaking Hands With Lyme

Monday, May 27, 2013

LIVING IN THE MOMENT - ANOTHER LYME ANTHEM




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8TS8hMpxCw

Another Lyme anthem for me. There are many messages for me in this Lyme experience and one of them is the preciousness of every moment. This is something I learned with the cancer scare 31 years ago when I was told that if I didn't abort Ben and have a radical hysterectomy I would die. Ive taght mindfulness meditation in my Tiep Hien  classes in the past, but ocassionally in spite of that I lose my hold on my connection with the present. Whenever we waste time awfulizing  & brooding over the past, anticipating calamities and worrying about the future we leave the precious  present moments vacant and unoticed. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8TS8hMpxCw
Love these lines "I'm living in the moment
I'm living my life
Just taking it easy
With peace in my mind
Got peace in my heart
Got peace in my soul
Oh, wherever I'm going, I'm already home."
One of Thich Nhat Hahn's  grounding Tiep Hien meditations I love best is:

 "Breathing in ... I have arrived. Breathing out ... I am home." Do it when you're out walking or rushing to work or racing home ...



No comments:

Post a Comment