Shaking Hands With Lyme

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Similarity in Multiple Chemical sSensitivities and Lyme Disease Symptoms

6/16/13

Started the disability form - got to page 3 and I musty have made a typo or typed in something wrong with my brain fog, because a red bordered sign came up and said I had made an error in the info I typed in which is in conflict with information they had. Gave me a phone # to call, but I called my claims representative whom I hope will call back. I was so optimistic at first. She sounds like a lovely helpful person who is really interested in helping those in need. However , she’s a single mom and has a very demanding job and I haven’t received a reply to my last e-mail or phone call so now, I feel as if I’m on a deserted island with a monumental task to perform with my addled brain and memory and energy defecit.
I also have multiple food and chemical sensitivities and can get very sick in a moldy car (and my poor house which takes in water in the basement, or in Walmart (God/ess help me when I’m in there). I have assume an almost commando soldier attitude just to get through it. I make a beeline to through the store to the pet department where I get kitty litter. It’s on the outside edge of the store and this gives me a reference point - the inner perimeter of the huge store becomes my safety zone from which I make inroads to the departments I need to go to. Then of course comes checking out which with a lyme brain is difficult and confusing since I use a debit card and am on high alert to not forget to record it as well as often  battling brain fog. By checking out time my nervous system is overloaded and I bumble and fumble through check-out until I face the next challenge - finding my car.
I now need to park in spaces next to a noticeable reminder - like a sign that says row 5 or near the garden entrance - sometimes it helps.
Just joined a group on Facebook for people with chemical sensitivities which I’ve had for some time. There was an article about a particular man in New Zealand who had  the problem and his story could have been about me.
It left me wondering about how many undiagnosed Lyme sufferers are out there who have never even thought of being tested for Lyme Disease. This guy was an avid outdoors person before becoming ill.
Here is his story. Check it out.

http://chemicalpoisoningnz.webs.com/otherpeoplesstories.htm.

No comments:

Post a Comment