Shaking Hands With Lyme

Saturday, June 1, 2013

LYME DISEASE CAN SET UP CAMP IN YOUR MOUTH !

 In the last place I blogged I had  43 followers with whom I developed a good rapport. This blog appears to be only read by me. I've always been an avid diarist so this is just an online diary for me. Still I feel badly that people with Lyme disease are not tapping into some of the excellent  links and info I've found which could help them. Oh well, I will continue this blog as it's a good central location from which I can send and share with other Lyme patients I know, and if a single Lyme patient is helped by anything on here - even if I never know about it I'll be ' subconsciously' glad !   ;-)    .

A few days ago we put in our vegetable garden & some blueberry bushes. Paced myself and had Bob's (my husband's) help which is wonderful as he's very energetic. He accomplished a lot ! That night I couldn't carry my water glass in my hand, Had to place it against my body and press against it with my arm and elbow as I walked down the hall. I didn't use gloves or a hand shovel to make planting holes. I love to have my hands directly in the earth as the land had been tilled and was reasonably soft The next day my hands were hurting so much they felt like painful gloves. 



 From an article in Public Health Alert - Investigating Lyme Disease and Chronic Illness in the US.


http://www.publichealthalert.org/Articles/marybudinger/lyme%20in%20mouth.htm


" Holistic, natural medicine tends to overlook what is probably the number one source of the body's toxins - the mouth. The infectious mechanism was initially documented by Dr. Weston A. Price, chairman of the Research Section of the American Dental Association from 1914-1923. History tells us the ADA, however, wanted to promote root canals as a new service and never moved forward with Dr. Price's well documented research.

Some biological dentists have studied Dr. Price's work, including Dr. Andrew Landerman of Sebastopol, California. He finds that Lyme and many other chronic diseases are fed by the unique bacteria that develop in root canals and where teeth have been extracted. Dr. Landerman granted us an interview " :


I researched Dr.  Landerman online  and saw that his license had been rebuked due to health issues, visual and cognitive.  When I read the interview I saw he has Lyme Disease and assumed that his issues were similar to mine and those of friends with Lyme Disease. He is attempting to be re-instated.

When asked if he sees many people with Lyme he replied:

AL: "Some people of course come with the diagnosis. In others, I see Lyme in their symptoms. They may have swollen joints and other chronic conditions that are suggestive of Lyme. It is not the same with everyone. It depends upon their weak spot. Where they have a weak link, Lyme will affect that area. It is my experience and that of many others like me, that Lyme at this point in time is not a pathogen that can be eliminated. Rather we must seek to manage it holistically " 

I've come to that conclusion as have many health practitioners from varying practices. I've stated it on this blog  before.

This doesn't have to be a horrific giving up sort of conclusion. I find it liberating. I'm not making myself sick with long strong antibiotic courses  and protocols which cause severe herxing and weakening and debilitating reactions. I'm using gentler approaches which I've written about.  I will share the experience of, and results of my self treatment  as I go along. 

Diabetics and people with thyroid conditions can learn to live with them. I've surrendered to and accepted the fact that I don't believe that those of us who have chronic long standing Lyme as I have  can oust all spirochetes from our bodies. We can however learn how to build our health up to learn how to live with it as well as possible. I intend
I've surrendered to this concept and accepted it. For a while I hyped myself up into believing  that I could beat Lyme and eradicate all spirochetes from my system. With their incredible survival mechanisms and adaptive possibilities - let alone their screw like structure and ability to survive camouflage and  thrive in the deepest recesses of our bodies .  In order to totally eradicate their presence it's my personal opinion that one would need to kill the host !
I choose to live !




No comments:

Post a Comment